Make It One of Your Top Places To Visit In Newfoundland!
Are you gearing up for winter yet? We bought our downhill ski passes a few weeks ago and are looking forward to a great winter full of fun and snow at Marble Mountain. If you are a lover of winter and snow, we would recommend that Marble Mountain Resort be one of your top places to visit in Newfoundland. Even if you don’t downhill ski, there are so many other exciting and fun things to do in and around Marble Mountain that people have made it one of their premiere places to visit in Newfoundland in winter. Bring your whole family, your friends or come alone and discover all the fun things to do at Marble Mountain.
Marble Mountain is located just outside Corner Brook on the west coast of Newfoundland. We enjoy an average of 16 feet of snow each winter and also enjoy the longest ski season in eastern Canada usually opening during Christmas and closing mid-April. So what do you get when you choose Marble Mountain Resort as one of your favorite places to visit in Newfoundland? Let’s take a look.
• Bring the whole family and go downhill skiing on any of the thirty nine runs catering to all ability levels. With very little wait time for any of the lifts, your day will be full if you plan to cover the approximately 225 acres of the mountain. When you reach the top of the mountain, you will be about 1800 ft. above the Humber River; take a moment and marvel at the spectacular scenery before you. Our new Lightening Express Lift will take you from the bottom of the hill to the top in minutes.
• Maybe you are not a skier but a snowboarder and want to stay in the Terrain park; remember to stay and play safely especially here in the Terrain park.
• What makes Marble Mountain Resort one of the most attractive places to visit in Newfoundland for families? If you have young children, the resort will cater to you and your children’s needs at the Children’s Centre. Take advantage of being able to book your children for a full day at the Centre – you take to the hill or the lodge for some “Me time” while the kids are provided with a healthy lunch and lots ofactivities; have them take skiing lessons through the Center; when they get tired, take them back to the Centre where a qualified staff will entertain and safely look after them.
• If you are from out of town and want accommodations near the hill, there are several not far from the base of the mountain in Steady Brook such as the ski-in/ski-out accommodation which is located about 200 feet from the Black Mariah chairlift.
• When your day or days are coming to an end, don’t leave Marble Mountain Resort without looking into another reason why people consider it one of the best places to visit in Newfoundland. No matter what the season, Marble Mountain Resort is also home to a ‘wicked awesome’ adventure called zip lining. Drop into the lodge and get tickets for the whole family and take to the air across nine zip lines that are up to 2000 feet long, 285 feet high and travels about 30 kilometers an hour. Spectacular aerial views of the Humber Valley are worth your time and money.