Fun Things to Do in Corner Brook Year Round!
Corner Brook is truly a four season travel destination for people who love to spend time outdoors. With four distinct seasons, people travelling to or living in Corner Brook have their pick of activities to enjoy the outdoors. Because of its location on the west coast of Newfoundland, Corner Brook is a showcase of great beauty, and a diverse range of recreation and outdoor pursuits. What would I recommend to travelers to Corner Brook? Well, let’s get started!
- With winter just around the corner, let’s take a look at Marble Mountain, the site of some of the best things to do in Corner Brook, including some of the best downhill skiing east of the Rockies. Ski all thirty nine runs that range from easy to the double diamond.
- Also located near Marble Mountain, and open year round, is a zip line. From the top of this canopy tour to the bottom, travel onto nine different zip lines, for a total of about 2000 feet long and 285 feet high.
- Open from spring to fall, test your courage and stamina on the high ropes course near Marble Mountain. This ropes course, called the Spider Challenge, will take you climbing fifty feet into the air. Look around for breathtaking views of the Humber Valley.
- Go to the Lewis Hills for some backcountry tours, or travel to Deer Lake on part of the 883 km T’Railway Provincial Park which crosses the province following the old Canadian National rail bed. Take a shorter trek to Massey Drive and other areas near Corner Brook. How? On SNOWMOBILE – one of the fun things to do in Corner Brook in winter.
- Enjoy 50 km of groomed cross-country ski trails at the Blow Me Down Cross Country Ski Park.
- Take a hike! No matter the season, enjoy nature on the many trails around Corner Brook. Meandering through the city, the Corner Brook Stream Trail takes you along the stream and through the woods. Tippings Pond Trail in Massey Drive is a great place to hike and to snowshoe, another one of the fun things to do in Corner Brook this winter.
- During spring, summer, and fall, enjoy canoeing and kayaking on many of the lakes and rivers nearby. Don’t forget Corner Brook’s proximity to the Humber River.
- From spring to late summer, add salmon and trout fishing to your list of things to do in Corner Brook.
- Again from spring to early fall, tee off at the Blomidon Golf and Country Club in Corner Brook or at the par 72 River Course at Humber Valley Resort. Either golf course offers amazing views of Corner Brook and the Humber Valley.
- Of course, don’t forget to take a tour of the Bay Of Islands on one of the tour boats at the Bay of Islands Yacht Club.
No matter the season, if you live near or are visiting Corner Brook and you are an outdoor enthusiast, get a taste of what this city has to offer by participating in some of the great things to do in Corner Brook.